Solar energy is energy coming from the sun in the form of radiation which is a form of renewable energy.
• Gives us light
• Heats the objects in incident
• Changing the properties of the semiconductor producing electricity
Therefore we can use sunlight for energy purposes:
• To take heat from the sun
• To produce electricity from the sun.
The man exploits the heat of the sun with the use of solar thermal systems. These systems collect sunlight and convert it into heat. Theis heat can be used immediately or stored by artificial means and use when needed.
• Solar systems utilize solar energy ie. Energy derived from the sun, which is a form of renewable energy.
• Greece is a very sunny country and ideal for the use of solar energy.
The solar energy is used by the solar systems in facilities:
• To produce hot water for use in buildings by replacing conventional electric water heater
• For space heating (solar heating) buildings
• To produce hot water needed in production processes, such as soap, paint, etc.
• For soil heating in greenhouses
The solar thermal combined operating systems for DHW and space heating can cover 10% - 60% of the needs of a residential heating and hot water. It depends on the size of the collector surface, the volume of the storage tank, the meteorological data of the area and the characteristics of the dwelling (size, quality insulation, thermal requirements).
These systems of solar modules (power generation), the sink inertia (energy storage), an auxiliary power system (electric boiler, oil boiler -gas- biomass, heat pump, a heating system (radiators, underfloor , fancoils) and a control system. The ideal application of the system is for low temperature heating (floor, fancoils) while heating with radiators expected a reduction in yield by 20% -25%.