TABS - ThermoActive Building Structures
This is a new heating and cooling system which is put in homes and business premises, to heat and cool the space. It consists of fiber-reinforced plasterboard and integral pipes. Their characteristics are extremely resistant to wear. If you have not started the construction of your own building, you can embed the appropriate piping in each concrete slab.
What is thermal comfort?
Thermal comfort is the equilibrium situation of the human body, where it rejects heat (with appropriate conditions), including the following four ways :
These four factors are dependent on the following parameters:
• Temperature of the surfaces that surround us
• Temperature of air
Heating during winter
Achieving the ideal temperature's rotation in winter, is the uniform temperature between the surfaces that surround us (walls, floors, roof) and air.
Cooling during summer
In summer, the ideal rotation slightly changes due to different clothing, the higher surface temperatures and the air.
Advantages of space heating - and cooling ceiling TABS
• A system that can cover the heating-cooling requirements of the building.
• The quality of this heating is incomparably superior to any other distribution system, as it is smooth and uniform without being cold or hot spots in the area.
• The absence of radiators or other mechanisms, helps to save space and improve the style of the area.
• Additionally, multiple energy can be accumulated in the same house. In case of placement a heat pump can operate more in low traffic hours providing unparallel economy. This is an advantage that can be exloited in any other thermal power technology.
• You will have a more efficient cooling, as cooling is transmitted more efficiently from top to bottom.
• In case of piping in concrete (TABS - ThermoActive Building Structures), the building acquires high thermal inertia and doesn't get cool or heat (depending on the mode, summer or winter) even in a long power failure. It is estimated that even in a power outage for 30 hours, the building will not lose more than 2 degrees temperature. Of course this phenomenon has also effect vice-versa that's why this system is not suitable for cottages.